Drives: Little of this, little of that

Garage List
2024 BMW G42  [0.00]
2022 BMW G82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin @ Integral Audio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NthKent View Post
The HK surround sound in my 2020 M340i (U.K. spec) is definitely worse than the HK surround sound I had in my previous 2018 440i Coupe; it somehow sounds more hollow and boomy, less powerful (and distorts more at high volume) plus the treble is less crystal clear. I love the M340i otherwise though!
The G20/F30 are very different acoustically from the F32/G22. Cabin dimensions and volume, as well as distance and off-axis angle to the individual drivers. May not seem like it, but you were comparing the vehicles at least as much as the audio systems.

The reason for the change in power is that the entire architecture changed from the F3x to the G2x. In the F3x there was either a HIFI amp or an HK amp. The Gxx has all moved to the RAM (Receiver Audio Module) common on all vehicles, and adds a Booster for the underseats in the HK system.

In terms of the claimed output power, we've measured an awful lot of different models of BMW/MINI factory audio systems as part of our development process, I have never measured one that came anywhere close to claimed output power. All due respect to previous posters, but this is very much the realm of inflated BS consumer audio. Pro audio is largely a different world, and sadly this isn't it.
agreed. Does your company make upgrades for the G20/G22 HK?