Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I wonder these car magazine even stay in business, I used to buy them when I get on an airplane because nothing else better to do, now I don't even do that, can't tell you what's the last time I bought a car magazine...
Doctor and dentists offices, waiting rooms in general, and diehards from the past. Not sure about C&D but a lot of magazines have really shrunk down, with some basically being a brochure at this point.
What really has shrunk is the quality of the writing and objective auto journalism. These rag's articles sound like manufacturer redacted press kits. Look at Motor Trend's COTY award this year video in YT. It just a Hyundai sanctioned press kit. You can easily tell the guy behind the wheel is reading or memorizing from a carefully redacted script.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50