View Single Post
      12-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #55
motherkin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Dragy-ed my car a few times, even though the tires are brand new (still less than 100 miles on them). Did 4 LC runs on two different days. Times obtained were all between 13.12s and 13.16s. Without LC and with TC on, times were between 13.49 and 13.53s. Trap speed is in the 105-106MPH range (stock, it is 99-100MPH I believe). I've posted a screenshot in another thread. I can't seem to find it on my phone right now but will attach below soon.
Car performs great and pulls well for a 2.0. It feels very smooth too (car doesn't feel stressed at all).

1. Pardon the crappy video. Pardon the accent. I made a quick video a few minutes ago to show you how I've routed the cable. If you need any clarifications, let me know and I'll be glad to answer it.

2. The JB4 connects to the MAP and TMAP sensors (EWG connector is optional) and also to the OBD2 port. The JB+ connects only to the TMAP sensor.
IIRC, the OBD2 port is necessary. If it isn't plugged in, the JB4 defaults to map 1 which is 3pai over stock. The OBD2 connector is needed to switch to other maps.

3. Yes. I run a roughly E25-27 mix. I did read that it can be corrosive in the long run. But I don't put many miles on my cars (highest mileage on any of my cars till date was 21k miles in 3 years). I also clean out the system occasionally by running a couple of full tanks of 93 octane fuel and map 2 on JB4 (noticeable reduction in performance). I've run E30 in my A4 for 3 years (car with 21k miles as mentioned above) and it had zero issues. I know of many people running E30 mixes on the F/G chassis cars and have had no issues.
Hi, regarding #2, isn't map switching what the BT module/Data cable is for? Even if you need to plug in OBD2, is it a one time setup or does it need to stay connected permanently?

Thanks for the video pal
Appreciate 0