View Single Post
      10-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #69
530iAndroid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2002 530i and 2018 230i

"First thing and this is for me the most important thing; you can drive fast and completely relaxed. You don't feel how fast you are."

I hope this was just what he hoped people wanted to hear. If any of us enthusiasts wanted that, we would be driving an F30 or Lexus without a single complaint.

Unfortunately, being in the car business I run into people constantly who dislike BMW’s for the very reasons we like them, so if BMW wants to sell cars to those people and steal market share from Lexus then it needs to make them suck. Just for the fun of it I drove a Lexus IS and wash shocked that the steering feel was indeed more like that of an old school BMW. Clearly Lexus wants to steal customers from BMW. What we end up with is a bunch of semi-autonomous boxes that all just have different styling and branding but feel almost the same.
If this new 3 series isn’t significantly better, BMW will have a growing problem on their hands when the 2 series moves to front wheel drive. What else will be left for us other than used BMW’s. Nothing I say.
Appreciate 2
MT4life575.50
530iDriver1707.50