12-16-2020, 12:37 AM   #46
iceRN09
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Xdrive, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_frankfurter View Post
As someone who is coming from a decently quick car (V8 Challenger), I was worried if the 330i would be "enough". Yes, the M340i is very much a faster car, but let's be real; how often will you be doing 0-60 launches? Just a simple $200 JB+ will breathe in another 30 HP & torque if the standard power isn't enough, and apparently drops the 0-60 time by nearly a second (if you're into that). Again, coming from a V8, I'm sometimes surprised at the speeds my 330i can do in the short amount of time it does them. Fuel economy is amazing as well; my friend with his M340i is filling up as often as I did with my Challenger, and believe me I do not miss that. Unless you truly plan to drive aggressively and quickly every single day, and maybe track your car often, consider the 330i as a more reasonable car. Maybe use the money you save on the payments and gas to buy some index funds every month and use that growth to get an M3 once your lease ends
The reason why the BMW M340i goes to the gas pump as fast as the challenger is because of the gas tank size. Which is 15.6 gal. on BMW vs 19.6 gal. on challenger. 30 MPG in a sports sedan IMHO is already gold. You can only squeeze so much energy from a drop of gas. If people are looking for more gas mileage, there is the Prius. LOL
Appreciate 1
EXE462100.00