View Single Post
      01-09-2023, 08:38 PM   #77
Gaviatrix
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport

Garage List
Per my post below I had 3M Ceramic IR tint applied to my car last year. I can't say the refraction with the BMW is much different from my Jaguar's steeply sloping rear window, except that the BMW has more closely spaced heating elements which perhaps make it slightly more obvious. Personally I don't find it much of an issue - it's there, but it's not honestly a big deal in my opinion. Perhaps different tints would make it more of a problem but I can't give a view on that. The 35% VLT tint has not caused me any instrument dimming problems either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaviatrix View Post
G'day all from sunny Perth. This is my first post on this Forum

I've just rejoined the BMW family after a very long hiatus, buying an immaculate 2019 330i M Sport with just 4,700 Km on the clock (I had a 1988 E30 320i and two E36s, a 1992 and a 1994, all bought new back in the day). My 'new' car came from Melbourne and doesn't have tint.

I'm proposing to use 3M Ceramic IR to be installed by Total Tint Solutions, Osborne Park. I've used them several times before and they have always done a great job. I was proposing to use the 35% VLT film all round. They have apparently done many G20 cars in the last few years and have never been made aware of instrument dimming or excessive rear night glare issues. Do any of you experienced forumites think this will be a problem?

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
nm200330.50