10-17-2020, 10:30 PM   #16
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
Appreciate it, thanks! So in one of the 340i review videos I watched the owner said that if you were coming from an e9x chassis car that you'd appreciate the dynamics of the new g2x chassis, I completely agree with that. Different cars for sure but there are some similar handling characteristics between the two. Then in terms of the throttle response of the engine, it's very much on point. I've had a few other turbo vehicles where the throttle seemed lethargic down low, whether that's due to turbo lag or tuning, I'm not sure, but the 340i has great throttle response even coming off the line.

In terms of a direct comparison to my e92 m3, that's a bit more difficult bc the m3 is heavily modified for the track at this point. I do love the high revving NA experience with the m3, and especially appreciate it on track where it's regularly near redline. The m3 is always in a raw/aggressive state with all I've done to it. At the same time I'm appreciating the dual nature of the m340i on the street, comfy and quiet when you want, and still lively when pushed. Great daily from that perspective. As I put some more miles on the m340i, will give it some more thought. Thrilled with this combo of vehicles though, I must say.
Thank you for the wonderful and a detailed comparo. Seems like its kind of apple to an orange. Different car for different purpose.

Well you have many knives in your cutlery it seems! Sharp track cutter and a do it all purpose ones. Im envious.
Appreciate 1
///Mobbin1478.00