omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Pilot View Post
A properly maintained 100% stock 2002 will have no problems in normal operation - there was plenty of traffic in the 1970s. Improving the suspension or drivetrain is fine if that's what you want, but the stock setup is perfectly adequate. Only the cooling system might be a bit marginal for your summers, but the late E21 radiator and a fan shroud pretty much drop in and will solve your problems. Other than that, upgrades are simply not necessary (but may be desirable).
Thank you for the explanation and the suggestions, I appreciate them and they help me decide the middle way on the project. I'll write on my decisions as the project moves along

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
Nice! Brings back memories of first bimmer, a 1971 2002!

I checked out the photos on google. I bet that the car was either VERRRY nicely restored or it's original. Where did the car come from?
The car to my knowledge has not been restored previously, however, it had modifications/retrofits done to it by previous owners like painting it to this bronze color from the original Inka Orange, replacing the original 4 speed with an E21 5 speed, a music system etc. I will revert some of these to their original state and keep some of them that are beneficial and does not comprise the originality a lot. It was a barn find in a village just out of Istanbul.

Last edited by omera60; 09-03-2017 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0