View Single Post
      10-29-2018, 02:39 PM   #15
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avex View Post
maybe i'm reading this wrong, but if EOP for the 2er is 10/21 with no foreseeable new models in that series until the next leak/announcement, does that mean one will not be able to procure a brand new f22 past 2021?

*Also applies to the 4er if i'm painting this picture correctly.
The OP contains information that can be verified via leaks. Not all known future BMW information falls into that category.

That said, there is mention of the next 2 Series in the OP if you read the updates in the latter half of the post. That is, the next 2 Series model codes are G42/G43. While the next 4 Series may not be mentioned specifically, it is known that the next 4 Series is the G22/G23/G26.

Also, except in special circumstances which would usually be noted in the OP or be common knowledge, the next generation of a model will start production when the current generation ends. So, unless something changes over the next few years, the next 2 Series coupe will start 11/21 and the the next 4 Series coupe will start 7/2020.

Edit: And I see ynguldyn added this today too:

Quote:
G42 (the next 2er Coupe) will start production in mid-2021 and will possibly be made primarily or entirely in Mexico.
Appreciate 0