06-23-2020, 11:02 PM   #98
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
United_States
Rep
Drives: Trek Domane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimSimma335 View Post
I'm very confused as to how this is more convenient. Now my fob never leaves my pocket. I can lock, unlock and start my cars without ever taking something out of my pocket. I rarely even take my phone out of my pocket unless it really needs to be charged. Why would I want to have to constantly take my phone out, unlock it with Face ID, place it near the door handle then put it in the wireless charger to start the car? Then I have to remember to take it with me every time. Do you know how many times I would leave it in the car when the car was parked in the garage since I don't have lock it? I'd rather they design cases for phones that act like the fob so I can carry my phone only (no fob) the phone never has to leave my pocket either.

Unless this is using Face ID as an additional security feature. But it is not more convenient.
Hahaha, I agree completely. You guys all know that BMW is playing catchup to Tesla right? They saw Tesla use the same concept with their mobile app (except it works on Android too). In typical BMW fashion they over thought it and decided to partner with Apple instead of making it manufacture agnostic. But I guess we should be thankful they didn't limit it to being a carrier exclusive hahah.

This by no means makes the user experience better. Its more of a hassel to take out your phone, unlock, then touch the door handle. If you were in a hurry to get away from someone, you'd be dead already. Comfort Access just works 100x better. Just make it standard on every car instead of upselling it.

Oh, not available on your G20? Just lease another new car next year! Or if you bought one, take depreciation hit and buy another one to get 1 extra feature. These are the suckers BMW preys upon. This is the stuff that makes people leave the brand.
Appreciate 0