08-08-2020, 09:09 PM   #84
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank.m2 View Post
Every time I am looking forward to a new leak to WOW me, but since 2018, I've only been disappointed.

First the connected grills, then the huge grills, then the mess of lines and shapes in the lower bumper, then the lung grills, then the loss of the kink, then the loss of the coronas, why can't BMW make anything elegant and just a good clean looking design anymore?!

It's just so disheartening to see this brand do this.
It's been a long time coming. First BMW started to severely dilute their driving experience roughly a decade ago. It was only a matter of time before their styling also started catering to the "Instagram-ification" of society. These cars all attempt to look trendy to appease to a certain demographic.

And I will say, that nearly every single BMW owner I know is the type of person who just wants a nice car that looks cool and has a badge they can flex on people. They don't know a thing about steering, handling, etc. BMW knows their customers well and has transformed their brand over the past decade to cater to their interests.

With all this being said, I can live with this new 2-series despite those ridiculous headlights and edges of the front bumper.
Appreciate 1
Jockey3439.00