08-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #109
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaan View Post
I agree with you, the M2 will for sure look better, but what concerns me and a lot of others here are the head & rear light designs...and the M cars always have the same lights as the „base" cars as far as I know...
Daaan

I hear you . . . there are certain things that I simply cannot look past, e.g., G80/G82 front grille and fact they are simply HUGE.

That said, I do not find the headlights and taillights to be that off-putting. . . although I will admit I do like the F87 headlights better than what I am seeing on the current pics of the 2-series.

As far as size and weight goes, I realize there are regulatory challenges all manufacturers face . . . however, modern cars do not have to be bigger and, hence, heavier.

BMW could most assuredly meet all the 'requirements' without making all of their chassis so large/heavy. I mean, my 718 CGTS tics all the regulation boxes and Porsche has not had to make it into a small tank to do so.

At any rate, as you also state, BMW appears to represent a one-way street these days and they would much rather build bigger engines to motor their small tanks than to build smaller chassis.

Honestly, the F87 has reached my size/weight threshold when it comes to interest in BMW offerings. The ONE thing BMW can do to have me completely abandon interest in their brand is add a couple hundred more pounds to the G87.

///AVM
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00