View Single Post
      08-28-2020, 08:43 PM   #29
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Don't know about the code, I was going Saturday to Gilette, but will probably skip it this year due to email from BMW this morning:
A friend of mine got the same email. I didn't but I went this morning for the 10AM slot. As far as I can tell, everyone that signed up got in. I didn't notice anyone being turned away.

That said, they changed the format. Everyone is going solo in the cars. The coaches are giving instruction/tips over a radio that they leave in your car. No hot laps by the coaches. No end of session timed runs. You get out do a few laps and you're done.

Also the swag this year is a plastic bag with a face mask, latex gloves, and a bottle of hand sanitizer with a BMW sticker on it. There was no mention of any discount vouchers to purchase a new BMW. The only promo they talked about was signing up for the BMW Performance Driving School.

People were told to keep their masks on the entire time they were there. And no wandering around. At each of the track tents, the chairs were set apart and we were told not to get up unless you were called to get into the car for your session.
Appreciate 1
jkoral1016.00