Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconHeat View Post
I really want to be excited for this but I'll be honest that I'm very concerned about the exterior styling. I'm hopeful they'll manufacture an electric M2 that remains small and agile and concurrently respects BMW design heritage. How bad ass would an E30 design descendant be in electric format? There's so much they could do with the car now that mechanical components won't figure into the design (packaging as opposed to styling).
Isn't the entire point/appeal of the M2 is that its visceral and engaging to drive? Remove the manual transmission or even flappy paddles, exhaust note, and add several hundred pounds of batteries and the car is no longer an M2.
I will certainly miss rowing my own gears and that beautiful sound of the magnificent i6, however, the Taycan has impressed some pretty reluctant professionals. Furthermore, moving to electric propulsion is the the responsible thing to do and I'm hopeful there will be some new thrills afoot that might soothe a bit of the pain from the loss of those visceral notes.
Appreciate 1