08-02-2018, 08:39 AM   #40
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
I'm a bit confused on what the issue is here... I've deducted it down to 3 things....all 3 only issues if you ASSUME Urban knew about 2015 than he led on.

1. Title IX violation. Title IX is part of the Civil Rights Act that makes it illegal to bar a victim's equal access to educational benefits at a school. The common issue is a female student is assaulted (usually sexual, but doesn't have to be) or harassed on campus or by someone at the school and the school turns a blind eye to it and she is too scared or distraught to return. Cough cough...Jameis Winston situation. Was the victim in this case a student or someone getting educational benefits? Uhhh...no.

2. There may be State law that requires reporting of certain crimes. The police already had a police report for the assault in question, which btw is alleged, bc no charges were filed. So was he supposed to report a crime to police that was already reported? And who was he supposed to report this to?

3. Which brings us to the last point. Urban Meyer is a hypocrite. The coach had a 2009 assault which Urban's family and victim's family (including the coach in question) worked out through counseling. He sold his program on a set of core values including domestic assault. So he's a hypocrite. So walk me through the mental gymnastics exercise required to fire him over being a hypocrite.
IIRC OSU has an additional requirement of faculty to report abuse. It's a condition of employment. Meyer, his wife, and possibly the coaching staff could have violated that part of their employment contract. (UF probably has similar.)

The lack of charges doesn't mean that the physical abuse didn't occur. There are police reports (some allegedly modified after the fact) for every call since 2009.

Meyer made a deal with the devil by keeping this guy on his staff all these years.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0