Leucosticte
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi E92 6mt swap

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
How about the stupidest reason you weren't arrested?

In Louisanna I was cruising at 90 mph on I-10 when a Silver lexus pulled up behind me and had a red and blue flashing light on his dashboard. Assuming it was some dork with eBay police lights trying to be funny I took off on him.

A mile or so down the road is a Louisanna State patrol SUV waiting for me with all the his police lights on. Needless to say I was thinking of who to call when I got to jail.

The statie got me stopped then the lexus pulled up and a uniformed officer got out. Quietly wrote me a ticket for 90/65 and dismissed me with no other comment.

Still have no idea why they didn't pin me for fleeing but they got $700 out my wallet.
I had something similar happen with a Toyota Corolla undercover cop car, yes, it literally looked identical to the millions of corollas driving around, no distinguishing features.

I was driving back home from college in upstate NY, I would usually leave late at night to avoid traffic (New Jersey traffic is absolutely disgusting, anyone whos driven there will know). By the time I was near my house it was around 1AM, having left at 11PM. I noticed a random corolla start tailgating me in the residential streets near my house and I decided to book it and lose him. I figured he wanted trouble and that he wanted to follow me home.

Anyway, I pull into my garage and then a minute later the corolla pulled up on my street with red and blues on. I guess he got my address from my plate, anyway he didn't give me a ticket or anything despite me going a ridiculous speed in a residential, I told him that I had no idea that he was a cop. Surprisingly he sympathized with me and said he was chasing some other white BMW and that he mistook my car for it, overall it was an ok interaction, no ticket or anything for me.

However, I really don't like the idea of these deep undercover cop cars that totally blend in with normal traffic with 0 ways of identifying them. At least with an undercover explorer or charger or crown vic or whatever you know that it's very likely that it's actually a cop and not an impersonator. So I hope that these cops understand why you'd assume that they're impersonators at first and choose to flee or not take them seriously. This likely happened in your case too and why the cop chose to have mercy lol.
Appreciate 2