View Single Post
      08-21-2021, 12:32 PM   #40
HalbyVA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i xDrive

I test drove a Giulia a year and a half ago. I love the exterior and the handling is nimble. I ruled it out for 3 reasons. First, I didn't like the power delivery of the 4 cylinder. There's turbo lag, a wallop of torque for a few thousand RPMs, and then nothing up top. It was no fun to wind out. I guess that's a tradeoff with many powerful modern 4 cylinder turbos hauling around relatively heavy cars. The engine in the 330 I test drove recently felt more tractable even if it's a slower car. The second issue was the rear seats. The leg room is tight (although not a deal-breaker) but the big problem was a lack of foot space under the front seats. The final issue was reliability/reputation. I know cars today are far more reliable than before, but I was worried about Alfa's reputation and Stellantis' long-term commitment to the brand.

The other car I strongly considered was the G70. The 3.3 engine is plenty powerful and fun. The interior is very nice and features / value proposition is excellent. The deal-breaker was the front seats which I only realized during a longer test drive. After 20 minutes, the seats are too hard and uncomfortable for me.
Appreciate 0