06-09-2019, 04:23 AM   #10
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
they were days especially in US that like if you want more power we can give you more displacement for it.. not much efficiency at all.. in recent years it changed.. actually to be exact with C6 ZR1 things started to get better in US..
I think they did pretty good with the C6Z. I owned one for awhile, and with just a few bolt-ons it made almost 500hp to the wheels. Really raw car they would bite you if not careful.

What trips me out is watching these old shows and the 60's high horsepower big block cars and when they show the rated 0-60 times. I know these cars were heavy, but putting the power down efficiently was always an issue.

Oh....also had a Grand National when I was in my 20's. Just a little bit of upgrades, and that car was fun. So it looks like in the 80's, they figured out that smaller displacement with some "boost" was something that needed exploring.

These days....the "muscle" cars coming out are crazy. Never thought I would see the chasing numbers game again after the mid 70's started.