View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 11:06 AM   #75
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
MLB is Barney Fife. This thing didn't catch fire until journalists (and a whistle-blower) shed direct light on it. Then, MLB had to look at it. The report isn't really even comprehensive or definitive. I have more faith in those Twitter fans that combed through all videos of home games and plotted graphs of trash-banging per batter. That was pure gold. However, I do believe other teams were/are cheating (glass houses)....but, I also believe they used buzzers, lol.
The plotted graphs were done by an Astros fan too. Dude spent over 60 hours combing through all available video from 2017 just because he wanted to know how bad it actually was. The results were interesting as well. Altuve has been hammered on the most by MLB Twitter and he was one of the ones that used it the least.

I still can't find any credibility behind the buzzers though. I'm not in the tech industry but I have no idea if that tech even exists, let alone how they would get away with it. It seemed to be a fun conspiracy theory though that somehow turned into cold hard facts thanks to some unbelievably awful "professional journalists"