Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
Well thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience on here to help others! I'm sure it was super frustrating (and expensive) to have to keep redoing your tint
No problem! It ended up not being much more than a partial cost for one re-tint, as the shop I was working with wanted to figure it out as well for future costumers of theirs. Frustrating yes, but not terrible as I wasn't out of pocket much. Still just angry that I can't get the tint I want without having to make sacrifices. If they ever come up with a solution for this, I'll definitely go back to the ~18% ceramic film I had before.
I am tentatively having 20% 3M dyed film put on the car but the owner of the shop is going to call me and let me know the IR levels of the 3M type tomorrow bc that may sway me into getting 30% depending on the amount.

This is a super reputable shop in the twin cities area (Tint Pros MN) and they know their stuff so I have faith it will work out. Had I not read these threads I woulda went for a 20% ceramic tint that probs woulda washed out the dash. We get tons of really bright sun out here
Appreciate 0