View Single Post
      10-26-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
Musaabi
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M340

Impression on Mission Performance Stage 2

Yesterday I met with chenry who was nice enough to let me drive his gorgeous white M340. Originally I went to see him to compare his lowered car(Dinan springs) to decide if it's what I wanted to do on my car. He explained to me everything he's done to his car so far and took me for a spin before letting me hop behind the wheel.

We started off with Chris behind the wheel and drove a bit around Huntington Beach. The power delivery was absolutely incredible and I didn't notice notice the ride being much "stiffer" compared to stock; in other words the right comfort was similar to my stock car. As we pull up to a red light, a white M2 comp pulls up next to us and Chris wanted to see what the guy wanted to do. There was no revving or beeping to signal what was about to happen. Light turns green and the M2 launches off the line. We weren't sure if he wanted to "race" initially so we got off the line with the m2 a good 2 car lengths ahead. I did notice the slightest of the wheels slipping upon launch but it was irrelevant. Not only did we quickly catch up to the m2, but Chris blew him out of the water(with 2 fully grown men in the car compared to the single guy in the m2). The gap ended up so big that the m2 actually backed off and slowed down signifying his defeat. This was every bit exciting to me as it was to Chris who never pulled next to an M2 Comp with his M340 before.

The MissionPerformance stage 2 running on E30(for those of us who don't have access to 93) was amazing to say the least. Not only was the low end powerful but even pulling from 60 you get pushed back into your seat, incredible performance. Speaking with Chris, he has done a Dyno test and he's pushing 470 to the wheel!

Luckily for me, Chris was kind enough to let me get behind the wheel to see what I was missing. The acceleration from a standstill left me in awe but the power delivery from 30 mph pulls blew my mind. The Dinan springs were comfortable and didn't seem to bounce, granted I wasn't driving high speed in bumpy roads. The 1 inch drop complimented the car really well especially with the HRE rims he had on and the spacers plus all the additional trim he had. The M340 looked more aggressive than stock but not overly aggressive. The sound of the exhaust was music to my ears and made me a bit jealous that I don't get the pops and crackles on my 21 model.

Needless to say I'm excited(and a bit impatient) for Alex to unlock the new ECU so I can have the same power and would highly recommend it to anyone who's on the fence about it. I'd also like to say thank you to Chris for taking time out of his day to show me his car let alone letting me take it for a spin!
Appreciate 10
themnmd1691.00
VipinLJ1941.50
Gdiddy23907.50
BLG199.00
chenry2357.50
EXE462100.00
ruczko97.00