MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Keep the current job and commute to see her on the weekends for 6 months, if possible. There are great direct flights between FL and NYC.

Keep yourself as stable as possible as she adjusts. I don't believe in following anyone until everything is settled, i.e., marriage. Just my .02. No matter what decision you make, I wish you and your intended the best of success.
I tried long distance when I first moved to FL. I was with the girl for 3 years prior to my move, and we broke up just a few months after. I am certainly not willing to risk my relationship for my job; I did that once and learned my lesson.

Besides, I wouldn't want to do the commute. I would rather take a loss in pay, and be there with her and my family, then continue at this job and have to stress about my relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
Even though I said you should be able to find something in NYC I wholeheartedly agree with this decision BUT prior experience dictates me to say long distance never works bc you can only do so much through FaceTime

Let's be realistic, even if you were married things can change and I don't think you'd be any better off if the worst happens and you're left by yourself in a completely new city...
I agree. Plus I don't think she would be very happy to have to navigate NYC by herself, especially coming from a foreign country. Since I know NYC well, she would want me by her side.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50