View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
2020 M340i Stock Dyno Number

Those who have been following us on Instagram saw the latest updates we have been posting regarding the support for G20 chassis. We will have a completely different thread started when it comes to flash/tune information for the M340i later on today, but for now, I'm posting the first official Dyno results in stock form.

Before we post actual number, I though it would be interesting for us to share this bit of info. The M340i was extremely over-rated when it rolled off the production plan, with nearly 400whp in stock form! Yes you read it right, if you purchased one of the first vehicles in production, then you have near 400whp STOCK car. That is due to the fact that BMW forgot to implement SWT (Tuning Authorization Certificate), and thus customers received a factory tuned cars. But quick, BMW caught onto this issue, and implemented a software "fix" that limited your power a bit. This new fix limited your power to 346whp (390bhp) and yet that still was over what EPA/BMW specs should be, so early July of 2019, BMW implemented yet another software fix to bring the car down to advertised 338whp(382bhp). Not only did they lower the power down, they also implemented a new style firewall against tuning, fully disabling our access to the DME key sectors that we have once used to exploit and be able to flash our own files. More about this will be posted in the Flash information thread, but here are the stock numbers of the 2020 M340i in two forms:

1) Loaded with First firmware fix that ended in 7-19
2) Loaded with Latest firmware fix that rolled out early July

Appreciate 2
RPM1123280.00
kern4174446.50