Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I've worked in the industry for over 10 years.

The modules don't go bad in 10 years. They are all warrantied out to 20 or 25 with production guarantees. They are only allowed to degrade a very small amount. The financial calculations you are show by company X takes the degradation into account. Make sure they are using a Tier 1 module and you will be fine. Not the bloomberg tier 1 ranking as it is only based on money, not facts or science.

DO NOT use SolarEdge for your inverter. Use the latest model Enphase. SolarEdge sucks. Bad CS, bad optimizer,s etc.

Pay cash, do not lease, if you can afford to do so. You will be MUCH better off.

Roof leaks are covered under warranty and you can choose what mounting method you want for as few or many roof penetrations as you want. Buy from a reputable company so you have a number to call in year 12 if you do get a leak. Honestly with the products on the market it's pretty damn hard to have a leak.

Solar works almost everywhere. 7 year payback for the OP is pretty good. I don't think any states have incentives that will get you to 5 or under anymore.

Snow will sheet off your roof and can damage what is below. I have seen it take out parts of porches, railings, etc. when a large sheet of snow and ice comes off a 1 or 2 story. You also do not want to be standing under it when it happens.

Some of the misinformation in the thread is appalling.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615095.50