09-03-2018, 08:02 PM   #51
TheBry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 G12 750i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
I for one am glad with the soft top change, because despite it being a convertible, trunk space is still important and the current 4er is abysmal in space with the top down, which was one of the reasons I didn't buy it. Not all of us can get a $60k+ convertible as a third vehicle so having some useable trunk space for at least more than one backpack is pretty nice. I'm also glad that it looks like despite using the same platform the 4er will be very different looking in the front and back, looks very inspired by the new Z4 and 8er.

Plus who knows, maybe BMW will do what they did with the e36/46 and sell a removable separate hardtop for the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Good riddance to the bloated, heavy hard top.
I totally LOVED my e93 M3. The folding hard-top was awesome. My partner and I were able to get a lot of stuff in that trunk too -- you just have to know how to load it properly. Taller stuff closer to the seatback, and shorter stuff goes under the drop-down top-holder tray. We also had a customized duffel for the back seat that fit the dimensions of the fold-down seat perfectly (from sidewall to sidewall) and were able to store enough clothes / goods for a two-week road trip (all while retaining the ability to raise and lower the top).

Here's a clip of mine in action...

Past: 2008 M3 (E93) naturally aspirated V8 realness!
Past: 2012 740Li (F02) M-Sport (European Delivery)
Present: 2016 750i (G12) M-Sport

Last edited by TheBry; 09-03-2018 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 2
otay826.00
ando1954.50