View Single Post
      05-14-2023, 10:57 AM   #58
hoonu
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Where do i start…

My fiancé placed an order for a 2023 430i X-Drive Convertible back in Early February and left a cash deposit with the expectation that the car should be ready in a few months. When we ordered, we we’re told that we could only order the 2024 model however they didn’t know what it look like nor the final cost.

Fast forward 3 months and we’re told the vehicle has been shipped and will be ready for pickup on a Sunday we’ll be out of town. So we scheduled pickup the Friday after. On that Friday, we receive a message a saying out car wouldn’t be ready till perhaps Sat if not Monday the following week.

Monday comes and the vehicle still hasn’t been delivered to the dealership. My SA said he would check into but while waiting for a return call, I learned from the Genius Hotline that there was an open recall and they don’t have an ETA. Obviously this was a surprise considering we were asked to pickup the vehicle a week prior. Non the less, we wait and we we’re told the vehicle should be ready soon.

The following Saturday, we’re told the vehicle is ready and it’s ready for pickup… However, on our way there, we get text from the SA saying the forgot the xdrive option and he confirmed that they missed it on the order sheet.

Given that we couldn’t see the build sheet when we placed the order; we didn’t notice this either and now the dealership is trying to get us to buy the vehicle at a marginal discount.

Needless to say, we’re extremely disappointed and was told we could either take the discount or place another order at even lesser discount. The worst part is that the vehicle priced increased by 2k between when we ordered and what’s available so the discount is basically a wash.

Any advice on how to handle this? As a new bmw owner myself, this honestly makes me want to sell own vehicle due to the shear incompetence and lack of compassion when requesting the same discount on the correct model.

The only other option I see that’s remotely close is a m440i version however it doesn’t the parking assistance package.
Appreciate 0