Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Hi Steve

Excellent video and pdf mate , I will be definitely installing the same setup as you
Have you thought about buying the Blackview polarizing filters?
I noticed in the footage of the front camera there was the reflection of the speaker grille
I will also buy the tamper proof lock for front camera.

A quick question , you did not have to buy any longer cables for the Blackvue right, they were all enough length to go from front to back ?
What brand Micro SD card did you buy and what capacity and is your current capacity sufficient . 128GB can store 7 hours of 4k footage so I was thinking of that capacity, the Samsung EVO
I think max is 256GB but maybe thats a bit too much especially when they advise you change cards every few years due to degradation.

One more question, are you getting any funny messages in your BMW display because of the install or does everything work 100% no issues.

Thanks
Yes, the reflection of the speaker grill is rather annoying, and I haven’t yet played around with camera angles and filters. I didn’t have this problem with a similar setup in my F30.
I’m not sure a filter will get rid of the reflection, but I’d be interested in purchasing one if it does the job. I haven’t researched this at the moment.
I’m using a Blackvue 128 GB SD card. I’m not sure why they are supposed to better than other cards, but it was convenient for me at the time to get all Blackvue kit. Having said that, I almost bought a SanDisk card. I have found these to be fast and robust in other applications such as DJI Drones.
If you want to increase time on the card, you can drop the quality and frame rate a little.
With regard to degradation, I used the same Blackvue SD card in my F30 for 7 years. It never failed, but I used to reformat the card every now and then........not once a month as was suggested.
Last thing......no funny message on the BMW display, and no messages regarding battery drainage (for obvious reasons).