View Single Post
      10-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #17
heavensyu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3M40 2018 i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Tesla Model 3 is rubbish quality and substandard interior materials.

Will Tesla still be around in the next 5-10 years?

And remember, electric cars are still not a viable or practical option for the vast majority of the population.

When Tesla develops a battery and charge system that allows me to fully charge the car in 5 minutes or less, the time it takes me to fill up the 16 gallon fuel tank in my G30, then we will talk.

Until then, I'll happily wait for an electric BMW alternative or at least an option from an established automaker that understands fit/finish and interior material quality.
Yes and no. Tesla may not be as good as BMW for quality control, but I've heard something similar when first iPhone was released, iPhone won't beat Nokia because it couldn't survive a 4-feet drop and its battery didn't last a day, Nokia fans said. Actually Tesla model 3 is not that bad at quality, while it has received superior safety ratings from NHTSA and IIHS.
I drive an i3, a car has a much smaller battery than model 3, it didn't even give me any range problem for everyday use because I can charge it at home every night. It actually saves me a lot of time from going to gas stations. And how many people need to drive 100+ miles for everyday commuting? For me maybe just 2 or 3 times in a year I need to drive that long from home.
BTW just look the sales data in US, Tesla sold 13500 model 3 in July, while BMW sold 9502 2+3+4+5 series in total, consumers know which is better.
Appreciate 2
Forgiven121.50
KoenG1428.50