Senior Chief Petty Officer USN
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensyu View Post
The new 3 series petrol vehicles don't matter at all. BMW needs to make something can compete with Tesla model 3, the new 3 series is not even a match.
Tesla Model 3 is rubbish quality and substandard interior materials.

Will Tesla still be around in the next 5-10 years?

And remember, electric cars are still not a viable or practical option for the vast majority of the population.

When Tesla develops a battery and charge system that allows me to fully charge the car in 5 minutes or less, the time it takes me to fill up the 16 gallon fuel tank in my G30, then we will talk.

Until then, I'll happily wait for an electric BMW alternative or at least an option from an established automaker that understands fit/finish and interior material quality.
I'm sure at one point more than one person wouldn't buy a car over a horse because with a horse you didn't need that gasoline stuff. Seriously, the build quality on the Model 3 is getting better and better all the time. I'm my opinion the materials are not all that bad, and the fact of the matter is they are the driving force behind the electric car industry. It certainly isn't the i3 doing that. Reguarding your statement about electric cars not being practical for the average person, well price probably but because of the battery I would have to disagree. The model 3 has over 300 miles of range. The vast majority of people don't go over that in a single day. Couple that with the fact that you basically have a gas station in your garage and a full tank every morning and I don't see the issue. Driving an electric like the model 3 is also very addicting. The torque is incredible even in the non performance model. The fact of the matter is the change is coming and those who scorn electric cars because they do t have an aggressive exhaust sound will soon be left in the dust, literally and figuratively. I for one am waiting for BMW to really get onboard. I admire what Tesla has accomplished but their CEO is a nut job who puts the bottom line of the company, and its viability, in danger every time he opens his mouth. Reminds me of another idiot on twitter,....now who was that....hmmmm
Appreciate 3