View Single Post
      09-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #19
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmanouk View Post
Wasn't the unveiling of the G80 suppose to be at last week's Frankfurt Auto Show?

Anyone know why it was not?
Because they showed the 4 Series Coupe Concept instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Have they ever had the M3/4 coupe still in production when the new gen M3 sedan started production? That seems very odd.
The F80 M3 is not in production. It ended last year with MY2018.

But, no, the subsequent generation M3 has never began production while the current generation M4 (or M3 Coupe) is also still in production. However, it had also never happened with the M5 and M6 until the latest generation.

Quote:
based on this schedule they will be making both cars for about 3 months? Who is going to buy the old M4 at that point? Unless the new M3 with AWD and more power will be that much more expensive...
It's no different from the F06 M6 Gran Coupe remaining in production even after the F90 M5 went on sale. They are different products. It's also very similar to the F36 4 Series Gran Coupe still being produced while the G20 3 Series has been on the market for some time now.

Quote:
Also seems like this will eat into potential X3M/X4M sales since the G80 will be AWD. I know I will wait now that its only 6 months away.
Again, different products. While some people cross shop two dissimilar vehicles simply because they are both high performance products, a large segment of the population does not. They instead decide on vehicle form factor, and go from there.
Appreciate 0