hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
That's because europeans have a FAR higher tolerance for reliability issues. most european cars are absolute garbage in terms of reliability and cost of repairs.

The best one for me is the Golf which is regarded as rock solid in europe but seen as questionable at best here.

I say all this as an owner of Alfas, BMWs and a Saab.
Well, Alfa and Saab is actually the least reliable ones, so you weren't that lucky with your pick.

Apart from that it's an interesting comment, we say the same about american brands. So probably a bit of bias involved. But objectively , especially build quality is way worse in american brands compared to european (no, I'm not talking just about Tesla).

The major german brands are generally reliable (BMW, Mercedes, VW, Porsche, Audi). The last decade or so, Skoda, Opel and even Renault and Peugeot (the last two used to struggle) are quite good. Volvo is also good.

Saab is bankrupt..and Alfa is italian - those guys struggle to build anything reliable, but iusually quite sexy (Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani)
Appreciate 0