12-11-2019, 07:59 AM   #4
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Midlo_Man View Post
I've honestly thought about it. (getting a baseline Dyno). Not sure what I would get out of that other than the confirmed knowledge that power may have been de-tuned, so I doubt I'd put the time and money into that. It's not like it will give me recourse with BMW. Won't change anything. They've still delivered a good car.

I'll probably just end up letting them do what they have to do, and hoping any power-reductions are just in my head. Appointment this afternoon with BMW to take a first look.
One guy claim there was a "power-reduction" who coincidently sells tunes to regain the lost power, then when pressed, backpedaled and conflated his earlier claim with the first gen 340i with a MPPK kit..

There is no power-reduction with the latest iStep update, that's a complete nonsensical claim. A 50hp loss would be noticeable to even the most inept driver.

If there was a reduction in power after an update, the internet would been screaming their guts out about it and marching to BMW HQ pitchforks and torches.

Take you vehicle in and have it checked and yes, more than likely they will update the software, since the diff operates electronically and a replacement unit would have to programmed to the vehicle.
Appreciate 3
jp031962.00
Geo_FF140.00