08-04-2018, 01:11 PM   #83
nozydog
Driver
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
They should have gotten it right from the beginning. The idea of a Lexus, Audi, or Cadillac being just as engaging or even more engaging to drive is blasphemy but is the sad truth today.

Driving dynamics aside, the F30 was a lazy effort in other areas too, notably the interior. Take the E90 interior (which came out in 2006), throw a swoopy line on the dash, cheapen the plastics, and ride that until 2019. Just pathetic.
While I don’t buy ‘the F30 was crap’ mentality, the interior was definitely a step down I have to admit! The e90 interior felt bullet proof to me, with quality plastics pretty much everywhere! The F30 in contrast has hard plastics between the seats as well as cheap sun visors (although the door trims are still pretty damn good!) Doesn’t really bother me as it still looks ok and if advances are to be made with engineering and dynamics, costs have to be cut somewhere unless we’re all happy with a huge price hike!!

Having said that, an updated model should have a better interior not a worse one!!
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50