03-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #61
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-Furby View Post
I know manual is lighter (just a tiny bit) than auto, but how does that make it DD? Sitting in traffic and going from neutral to 1st to 2nd and back to neutral, over and over is not my idea of fun. Trying to see the other point of view on this

For me, 0.1 seconds from manual to auto is not an issue (I ain't that good anyhow), it's allowing me to focus on driving on the track where split second reaction (shifting) can mean the difference in losing control or staying the course. AWD = putting power down, because spin is a total waste of power
Manual fans that want an AWD daily with 4-doors are forced to a Golf R or Subaru, now that others are not offering manuals. That is why I bought a Focus RS after they announced they would not make them anymore. I need one AWD car and will only buy a manual. I am not sure why a manufacturer like BMW would not jump on this segment?

I consider myself a die-hard manual fan and do not like seeing it discontinued in the 3 series and only available in the M3 Pure.

YMMV, but owning a manual and driving in heavy traffic has never been a problem for me, only once on a hill in San Francisco moving a couple inches at a time for over an hour did I ever consider not having a 6MT.
Appreciate 2
dmboone254970.50
///BYU268.50