bm3rmy
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgunfun View Post
Have you driven the E46s and E39s?
I've driven all 4 (E46, E39, G20, G30).
Might be better in terms of refinement and technology.
No way the F or G is better for a driving passionate than E46 E39. Faster yes, better no.
The E39 was designed to be the best it can be at the time. None of the following have same philosophie.
I have one for 17 years now....not gonna sell it ever. It is one of the most classic car BMW ever made. There is a way it drives, it feels that is lost. And quality built, materials its second to none.
The e 46 is still a benchmark for 3 series how it should feel driving it.
Then there is the 1st z4 .... dare to anyone likes driving getting the m version out on twisty roads or track. The mechanical way it feels its priceless. Z3m clownshoe another ugly masterpiece.
Granted none as fast or economical as the new ones but...they have the bmw magic I like.
No supercars but men I love the pure engine noise, mechanical feel and most important how it makes me feel up on a twisty mountain road. the e90m and e60m, have my favorite engines. After this bmw became faster, more efficient, more luxurious...but the 3 series in particular kinda its magic feel. Speed has become focal point instead of general feel.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00