View Single Post
      07-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #16
omaralt
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
I spend a lot of time in traffic too, but for the times when I'm not, it's worth it to me to have the I6. I realize I don't need the 6 cylinder, but I don't need a bmw either. Getting a premium car isn't about making compromises with what one values most in a car. The motor is one area I prioritize, and won't compromise. If I had to get a 4 cylinder car, I'd probably get a Honda or Mazda. I wouldn't bother with bmw.

As for the tech, the g20 seems to be having a lot of problems. It's usually a good idea to wait a year or two for the issues to be addressed before getting a new generation of any model. In this case, the outgoing 340i is at its best, and has the engine I want. It would, currently, be the best choice for me within the constraints defined by the op (m340i wasn't listed as an option).

The op asked for opinions, this is what I'd probably do, and why.
we all have to compromise in some way. when i had my m3 i had to compromise comfort and luxury. now in my 19 x5 i have an insane amount of luxury and automation but i've compromised in rawness and speed. it's all about where we want to compromise. personally, at this moment in my life; i've realized luxury is more important to me than performance. i'm sure that will change once the new m3's hit the lots
2013 550i M sport Alpine White/Cinnamon (retired)
Appreciate 0