09-03-2019, 08:52 AM   #62
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I'm not sure you can fit a full set of clubs across the rear of the trunk in the new gen GC, but the last 4GC couldn't. The pockets on the side weren't as accommodating. This is a big deal for regular golfers like myself. This is another reason I view the 4GC as having less room than the 3'er sedan.

This is my F30 with a loaded full-size cart bag; Clicgear pushcart; square milk crate; and golf shoe bag... With the seats up. I couldn't do this in the last 4GC.
I didn't know that about the GC. I'm also curious how the next gen car will handle 2 suitcases (one large and one small/medium) + a baby stroller for people who have at least 1 child. Even the F30 is a bit cramped for this scenario. I rented one on vacation through Turo, and it was a pain in the ass with the previously mentioned cargo. Let's hope some clever engineering combined with the lift back design of the GC will provide more usable cargo space for this next iteration. Or they could just bring back the 3er Touring and axe the GC altogether. That would get my vote.