01-06-2014, 05:20 PM   #195
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Nothing against your opinion, but you are trying to compare the safety of standard typical consumer based vehicles (most of which are steel frame and steel paneled), against the safety of a supercar designed for speed and agility. Enzo, Aventador, etc, are all carbon fiber unibody structured, does that mean it is a huge slap in the face to Ferrari and Lamborghini alike?
While I do know about the benefits in regards with a lightweight body, I still believe that these cars should be more safe. Or, as I said, disclose the fact that after a certain speed the car is not safe.
And I include in here also the passive safety factor, when somebody else will hit that car, not necessarily the driver's fault. Nonetheless, it is one thing to crash the car due to its soft shell, and another to burst in fire due to some poor safety features. There are many cases with crashes but the vehicle didn't burst on fire because of some good engineering.
Do I believe that it needs a safety cell? Yeah, make it safe and fast then I will think about it; building a fancy cardboard car that is fast does not justify the money.

So, is a fast car but not safe. If you want to be safe, you don't drive it too fast. If you don't drive it too fast, you don't spend that amount of money, you can very well be safer in an M3/M5 which is steel, has more airbags and is cheaper.
Bottom line, do not buy these cars, invest the money in something else, like nice holidays.
I do understand that it is an enthusiast car, but who needs an expensive fast coffin?
In this case, I guess I am not an enthusiast.

In regards with the Lamborghini, please read the link I have provided, the cars are not safe due to some very similar mechanical problems that occurs in many cases, not hitting a tree at 100mph. they just broke and then the car jumps all over on autobahn. These guys just used them as they supposed to be used. Totally different story.

I will buy one? NO!!!
Never.
Appreciate 0