Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reward72 View Post
Agreed.

I really don't know what to buy next. Mercedes C-class is going all 4 cylinders and are less reliable than ever. Alfas are sexy but scary unreliable. Most Audis are boring to drive. Jaguars have lost their cachet (except the F-Type). BMWs are getting uglier and uglier. Porsches are too expensive. Lexus have some interesting products, the new IS500 is pretty cool, but they are so damn ugly. Who else offers sporty RWD sedans/coupes? I'm not ready to go electric yet.

I'll probably get the next M2. That or a Supra if it's ever offered with a manual.
I feel similarly. The 3-series hasn't driven like a 3-series in 9 years, the C-class and A4 are whatever, the IS is on the sporty side but I can't get over that dated interior, and the Giulia does not offer a mid-level engine in the 300hp range. The options are to either buckle up for an absurdly expensive Porsche or opt for an M2, Supra, or Mustang GT.

The Macan S is somewhat reasonably priced and is a hoot to drive, better than most "sport" sedans honestly, but you'd have to put up with owning a crossover. I like sitting low and knowing the dimensions of my car.
The 3 still drives better than the other cars you mentioned in the first paragraph despite your opinion on its decline.
I'd argue the Giulia actually drive's the best. It feels closer to an E90 in its feel.
I suppose if you like the E90 feel, that's a possibility. The Giulia isn't good enough to get my money.
Appreciate 0