07-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #831
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
bro, when you do overhead presses I see so many guys doing it differently. do you go parallel with your body or is your arms slightly forward if you know what I mean? I can't get my arms to go all the way back as I feel like i'm going to snap my chit up!
I was taught a long time ago by an Olympic lifter....let's see if I can explain the trick he taught me.

I keep my arms as close to my body as possible, parallel grip just right outside shoulders.

As I press up, I hold my head back just far enough to get the bar past my chin....and as I go up I push my head through. He told me to approach it like I'm standing at a window in the house....lift it up, then push your face forward like you are looking out the window you just lifted.

Sounds kind of weird....But easy to get the motion down if practiced a few times. Once you can do it in one fluid movement....it becomes second nature and actually sets your body up in the most stable position it can be in....a straight line. And Once at the top, I shrug my shoulders upwards....trying to make my traps touch my ears if that makes sense.