07-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #832
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I was taught a long time ago by an Olympic lifter....let's see if I can explain the trick he taught me.

I keep my arms as close to my body as possible, parallel grip just right outside shoulders.

As I press up, I hold my head back just far enough to get the bar past my chin....and as I go up I push my head through. He told me to approach it like I'm standing at a window in the house....lift it up, then push your face forward like you are looking out the window you just lifted.

Sounds kind of weird....But easy to get the motion down if practiced a few times. Once you can do it in one fluid movement....it becomes second nature and actually sets your body up in the most stable position it can be in....a straight line. And Once at the top, I shrug my shoulders upwards....trying to make my traps touch my ears if that makes sense.
Cool! I know what you exactly mean. I do this when I do over head presses on the Smith machine. but for dumbells it's a little bit different. I wonder if i'm cheating myself out of gains with the way i'm doing it. tell me if I am. on a seated chair using dumbells. my ass is sitting pretty much forward but my lower back is not touching the back except my upper back where i'm kinda leaning back and using that for support. than pressing up as normal. but because of the angle i'm leaning back, my presses aren't exactly straight up and down but slightly forward. make sense?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00