View Single Post
      03-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #2
nfairbanks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Looks like C/D has been enjoying their M340i although interestingly they did note about having to add oil twice before 10k similar to what some forum members here have been noting about the B58's oil consumption. Other complaints were mainly due to the seats not being comfortable for some, the digital gauge cluster, as well as the hallmark of any modern BMW, numb steering.

"The logbook is filling up with comments gushing at how much the new 3-series and its G20 platform have improved. Former editor-in-chief Eddie Alterman noted the stiffer structure and sorted body control over the previous 3-series generation (F30), writing, 'The ride is firm, but the jolts are not.' He went on to compare it to an E39-generation BMW M5 with only one thing keeping it from its best impersonation. Care to take a guess? If you're thinking steering, you are correct. BMW, the complaint box is getting full. Are you ready to listen to us?"

"We had to add two quarts of oil over the first 10,000 miles, one at 4500 miles and another just before the service visit. While adding oil to any modern engine might be cause for concern, our dealer assures us it's within normal tolerances. For now, we'll take their word for it, but it's something we'll be watching closely."

Full Article -> https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-maintenance/
Interesting enough I had to get an oil change around 6300 miles and did mine at 10k as well. Currently have 11,300 miles on the car and no other issues besides the annoying recalls
Appreciate 0