hamera
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickkap View Post
Hi folks

Any UK people on here have the Driving Assistance Professional Package with 5AR Extended Traffic Jam Assistant?

I have the standard traffic jam assistant but not the extended, well i don't think i have.

I've recently done a road trip and was stuck in traffic most of the way and I never got Driver Assist Available in the iDrive with the option to turn Driver Assist Plus on via the steering wheel mode switch. I had to keep tapping the steering when when i got the amber lights.

I questioned the dealer today as my car is in for a recall and they didn't really understand what i was going on about.

I do believe that this might be only available in the US and if so can it be coded?

Forgot to mention my car is a UK spec 320d with all the packages available
I have 320i '19 UK spec with DAP and it does work perfectly fine. It just isn't called that way in the UK. There is no pop up message or any need of accepting this mode for it to work either. Once you activate the Assisted Driving Mode it switches itself over depending on speed and road conditions without any indication. There is no additional icons displayed, any text, nothing at all. I need to take my go pro and record it. There is so much confusion regarding this feature in the UK.

That is my poor effort of trying to explain it in another thread:
https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=39

In addition to that, is your attention camera turned on? You need this in order to enjoy "hands free" mode in traffic under 40mph.

Last edited by hamera; 08-13-2020 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0