Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Well I am so glad because I was thinking RS6.

Just as I imagined it. It looks slanted, w a nice texture to the grill. Renders were pretty far off. Glad it looks this way. Seriously looks great. Very pleased w how it came out. M3's tend to look way better so I cannot wait.

I LOVE BMW and the NEW GRILL... MAKES THE F80/82 look old and geriatric. :happy anim:
The render wasn't that far off dude.
I found the render to be much better looking!

The rest of the car is interesting but the grille is tacky and over the top. I sincerely hope the production car has a smaller and more angled grille. And the stuff inside the grille...ugh just hideous. Tacky is an understatement.
It will not be a smaller grill. You guys have been in denial for months despite spy shots telling you this was coming, and now that it's here you're still having a problem shrugging off that denial. You're going to be in for a long model cycle.
I don't think it's denial, nobody was expecting the grille to be the same size as today's. I think people expected a design pattern that blends well with the car and the enlarged grille trend. So when some see this concept 4 pictures, they don't feel they got the job done. At least I feel that way, that they did a bad overall design job.
They should've been. After all, spy pic after spy pic showed how large the grills were relative to the rest of the bumper/surrounding area. People just chose not to believe it. The front end turned out to be more or less what I was expecting. I've always liked the side profile silhouette, so I have no issues with that. I still feel indifferent about the rear, but it'll grow on me I'm sure.
The large grill is one thing...

But the separation was really bad and those lines going up down is what actually looked so horrific.
I believe the production 4 grills will have the horizontal slats.
Appreciate 0