View Single Post
      06-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #1125
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
My aftermarket Cobra buckets cost me $3k and that is without any mounting HW. I would think $3k is a very fair price for some decent lightweight factory buckets with shoulder harness pass-through. That said, I think the option would be better suited to the M2 as I think the now supersized G80 M3 will cater more to the business crowd than the track crowd. Would still be great if they offer them for the M3 though! My guess is they still won't be anything like the M4 GTS seats... that is what I'd like to see in the M2 going forward.
I have sparco evo 3s since it's the only seat that fits me comfortably, and they barely set me back $700 a piece. For a daily driver I'd much rather have leather with power adjust-ability and no huge hump to squeeze out of. It's nice for driving but not nice for daily use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by termigni View Post
BMW would've never decided on this design language if their research showed I'm the one and only person who would like it.
pretty sure BMW's primary focus is to increase cooling and efficiency, not looks. Everyone is looking to incorporate bigger open grilles for all the intercoolers and radiators that are needed for modern engines. most recently on the M2C they specifically said they made changes to the grille because of cooling issues they found without the updates.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0