Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Nice work, we're making baby steps in getting it all functioning, as desired. It was same when the F-Series F30 was fairly new, a lot of trial and error to figure out the coding.

Two things I don't get are why would the turn signal hyper-flashing, when you rerouted it's output.. That's usually something integrated with incandescent bulbs, in which when it determines that their is a low voltage, it equals a symptom of a blown out bulb, thus, hyper-flash to indicate such, to the user. How you figure that the Euro taillight would change this?

Why would the hyper-flashing, bulb test still be used for LEDs, which already run on a low voltage, is beyond me. I assumed when BMW switch over to all LEDs, such warm/cold bulb checks were all deactivated. :

Also, I'm hearing various conflicting reports that some owners have the rear fog light LED diodes on their US-spec taillights and now you're saying they don't exist. I would nice to confirm this with some certainty.

I think hyper-flashing is happening bec of the small wiring differences and the ECU is possibly thinking that something is missing. I should note that when that happened, I did not get any light failure warnings on dash.
Little FYI, I just learned something new; apparently, that hyper-flashing you refer to is a mandatory feature that's required on all US-spec vehicles, not just BMWs. I didn't even know you can federally-mandate a sound but its what it is.

The law also regulates the frequency blink rate that the turn signal flashes and its minimum cubic square feet (7 3/8s).

I incorrectly assume that it was exclusive to an incandescent bulb outage but it's applicable to LEDs also. It's an audible indication that the turn signal light is defective.

Cool feature, yet there are rubes out there that still drive around with their turn signals on for miles.. 🤷🏻

Its possible that you might have adjust something related to the sensitivity or possible disable that feature, to avoid the rapid-flashing because I'm believe the vehicle is assuming there is a turn signal outage.

I'm digging into it further but the info is scant. Regardless, I'm sure it can be coded out, since the vehicle is shared with regions that doesn't require this, so BMW would of designed it to be toggle-able.
Appreciate 0