View Single Post
      06-21-2020, 12:40 PM   #29
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

My first bimmer was an E36 way back in the day, then later two E46's in the E46fanatics heydays. My E46 days was the best, the fanatics community was great. These cars still look great to date and in fact the E46 M3 is still my favorite of them all. As for chassis the G20 is excellent, the only drawback is the steering, I still struggle with this aspect of the car.

The irony is that, people crap over the Lexus 3IS but that car has superior steering to the G20. Can't believe BMW couldn't do a better job when Toyota manages to do that. I never bought the E90, never cared for that interior layout so held unto my E46 for 11 years and 200k miles before we parted. Also, was not a fan of the F30 so I went to the competition for my driving fix.

As for the future, I am torn. BMW is heading into a scary place as do most other car makers and seems hell bent on following Mercedes. Mercedes certainly is not the answer. Most likely I may have to buy an older bimmer and keep for the long term. Yesterday, I went to the Miami BMW poker run and saw many locals with classic BMW's in excellent condition, E36/E46,E39 M cars and many more. I will not buy an electric bmw or any 4 cylinder hybrid setup ala Mercedes regardless of how impressive the performance stats maybe.