Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaedus View Post
simply add $16K to the msrp of each model 3's current trim and you'll arrive at i4's price.

i4 is not aimed at taking away potential model 3 buyers, the people who buys model 3 wants a solid BEV first and foremost, tesla just happens to be the brand that gives the market what it wants with a reasonable price.

bmw sees those people as a lost cause, it can never get its cost down to model 3 levels, not while it's still running ICE assembly lines. they are aiming for high net worth BMW diehard fans who want a BMW first and foremost, the BEV part is just a nice novelty for these folks.

it's designed to be more of a statement piece rather than a sales booster.

Well we will se how BMW prices the I4 and who the target audience is, for example my self i am waiting for the I4 due to it being an Euro car first and foremost but also sens Germans are known to make pretty darn good cars, this is what has kept me away from the Model 3 i still have trust issues with Tesla when it comes to quality although that does not go without saying that Tesla hasn't improved their quality by ten folds sens they first started like any auto makers in the begging before you figure your stuff out there is bound to be some quarks that needs fixing.

I just have an hard issue trusting American car companies overall, i remember when jumping in to one of my friends brand new corvette this was way back, we jump in to the car to go for a spin, when reaching for the passenger seat belt i accidentally pulled of some plastic piece i thought i was being to harsh on it when my friend says oh don't worry this is "normal" for American made cars and proceeds to explain the quality of them and informs be there will be a lot of rattle, squeaking and stuff. And this is in a new car.

So this has obliviously left a mark on me and put me off when it comes to American cars. And then i have driven a lot of American cars or maybe rather say American designed cars, and their quality has been improving a lot especially the new cars.

But i just can't shake this feeling of with my usual luck when it comes to cars i should just probably keep away from American cars and go for the Germans, at least my luck won't affect the quality of the car.

BMW just like any other auto makers will be if not my will then probably by regulations will have to abandon ICE cars in a near future, but one has to think a bit further ahead BMW probably has a steady supply chain and a lot of warehouses filled with goods for their ICE engines witch needs to be emptied out first before taking the next stop for BEV future.

Just like this old incident i can't remember if it was Volvo i think it was they had bought a lot of these so called wood crates for millions upon millions of dollars for a project and it turned out that these wood crates were illegal in a way it was due to some regulations or such that had come in to place but they were allowed by the EU & World to keep using them until they all were used up otherwise the company would go bankrupt the same with other auto makers they are probably allowed to use up the current supplies they have in store and assemble cars before going over to full BEV so it won't be such a massive cost.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0