siegester
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
I successfully coded anti-dazzle by removing 5AP and as reported by others the only changes were:
BDC [1DF8]
C_HBA_DIM_ENA: disable [00] -> C_HBA_DIM_ENA: enable [01]
C_HBA_GFHB_ENA: disable [00] -> C_HBA_GFHB_ENA: enable [01]

It's not dark yet so I have not been on a test drive yet to fully verify.

There are quite a number of changes in your posted cheat codes, are all those needed in comparison to what others have updated in FDL?
Specifically:
FDL Code the following in Kafas 40F9:
COUNTRY_VARIATION Europe_RC [01]
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [02]

I was also a bit confused about what the 'Independent Turn Signals" does as well, this is quite a few changes.

I've attached the cheat codes that were not set on my car even after removing 5AP (US Spec 2019 G20 SW at 11.2020.45).

Thanks!!
Setting the two HBA to enable will turn on the functionality. A few of us have found that the behavior of the functionality is better with the additional tweaks. Without the tweaks, the high beams were turning off fully rather than adapting quite frequently, like the were being overly cautious. Now they stay on and adapt a lot more without blinding traffic still. YMMV

Independent turn signals means the rear brake lights no longer flash with the rear indicators on US specced models. There are likely a few extraneous changes there, but I haven't heard of anyone doing a deep dive into testing/verifying them all. A number of people run those changes without issue (myself included), so I am not sure if/when more research will take place.

Also, always make sure the cheat code versions match your software version as things move/change frequently between versions. I had to redo and research quite a few of mine after the 07/2020 update.
Appreciate 0