View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 07:40 AM   #96
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
G11 is a first in the history to my knowledge that BMW changes front end design (headlight shaping, front bumper and the grille of course) with the LCI.
Not at all, no. Go look at E46 pre and post LCI headlights, just for starters. And I doubt it was the first. Bumpers have also changed at LCI time in many prior BMW models. Grills? G generation may be the first there - I'm not sure either way.

Quote:
Eventually changes will go to the G80/82 (less than 2 years from its launch).
The only changes you'll see two years from launch are changes to the rear of the G80 to coincide with the G20 LCI. Front end changes will come nearly four years from now, when the G22 LCI happens.

In my opinion, grill changes are not likely at LCI unless perhaps there is a retreat to something shorter and wider, which is a possibility.

Quote:
Also it's already a given that S58 will receive a TU at some point of its lifecycle (could be at LCI or later), with 48v incorporation for efficiency improvement, and most importantly tackling the turbo lag issue.
Highly likely, yes, but not necessarily to feature in the G8x. The S58 isn't going anywhere - it along with all current BMW engines (except the S63 which will soon become the S68) will be with us until the end of the ICE according to reports about BMW engine development - so there's many years over which refinements will come and be phased into the product lineup.
Appreciate 0